A classic streamliner CLF Class is scheduled to haul our Australia Day train
Please Note: All fares are for same-day return travel.
Private Compartment — $480 per group
Enjoy the benefit of an entire closed-off compartment to yourselves — great for families and social groups!
One booking is good for up to four (4) people (max 6 from the same contact ‘bubble’).
Classic Duo — $240 for two people
Classic opening-window carriage seating for two people. Two Window seats in a spacious booth with table.
Family Air-Con — $280 for a family of four
Air-conditioned carriage with seating for a family of four.
Zephyr Lounge — $140 per person
Sit back and enjoy the countryside roll by in an air-conditioned lounge carriage with bar service.
Full Carriage Hire — Call for Quote
Maitland — dep 8.55am
Broadmeadow — dep 9.25am
Gosford — arr 10.40am
Woy Woy — arr 10.55am
Hawkesbury River — arr 11.10am
Hawkesbury River — dep 2.55pm
Woy Woy — dep 3.05pm
Gosford — dep 3.20pm
Broadmeadow — arr 4.35pm
Maitland — arr 5.05pm
*Preliminary times only. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure. An update email will be sent to the ticket booking a couple of days prior to the event with final trip details.
Hawkesbury River Picnic Train
Maitland – Hawkesbury River (return)
Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Enjoy your Australia Day riding the Hawkesbury River Picnic Train behind a classic streamliner CLF Class diesel-electric locomotive from Maitland to Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury River.
Your journey starts at Maitland in the Hunter Valley on the busy four-track lines to Broadmeadow (where you may also board the train) then follows the ‘Short North’ main line, stopping at Gosford, Woy Woy and Hawkesbury River stations.
Ticketing options all encompass NSW Covid-Safe regulations and are perfect for couples, small groups and families.
After arrival in Brooklyn (Hawkesbury River), you will have plenty of time to enjoy the many charms of this waterfront town. You may want to take a river cruise while there or visit Dangar Island.
If lunching at a restaurant in Gosford, Woy Woy, or Brooklyn, please book beforehand to avoid disappointment.
Fare options will include Private Compartments (great for extended families or social groups) and Duo seating for two. You also have the option of hiring an entire carriage!
Please note COVID-19 Conditions of Travel before booking.
View the spectacular scenery in Classic Seating
Enjoy your own space in a Private Compartment
We will be running a buffet service on this trip that includes light snacks, beer, wine, tea and coffee. We also encourage passengers to bring their own picnic hampers.
Toilets:Toilets are available in most carriages.
There are limited charging points on the heritage equipment. It is recommended that you bring an external battery charger for your mobile devices.
COVID-19 Condition of Travel:
• All passengers aged 16 or over will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated (or have an exemption) by the date of this tour. COVID-Safe check-ins using the QR code provided and proof of vaccination will be required for all staff and customers. Passengers will be refused boarding if evidence can not be supplied.
• Face masks must be worn while boarding/alighting and moving around the train.
• Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats as far as practical
• If a passenger is experiencing COVID symptoms prior to travel, they must not travel, even if fully vaccinated.
• Other COVID-19 restrictions may be implemented on the day depending on current alert level.
• Passengers are required to follow all instructions from their carriage attendant.